When you take all the benefits of luxury vinyl flooring
into consideration, you quickly realize you may be dealing with your own flooring solution. These materials are beautiful to look at, matching a wide variety of decor, astonishingly durable, and they can even provide complete protection against water damage of any kind. The truth is, it makes a great flooring for nearly every home. But understanding all the minute details can help narrow down the many options available in this line.
At The Floor Source, we offer plenty of options in floor coverings and services, and we’re available for consultation on the same. If you have questions about your flooring of choice, we are ready to answer those questions so that you feel 100% confident in the decision you make for your floors. Serving the areas of Roanoke, Lynchburg, New River Valley, Franklin County, and Bedford County, our showroom is located in Moneta, VA. Stop by anytime, and you’ll find associates ready to assist you.
Many homeowners are concerned about the wide array of abbreviations used throughout the luxury vinyl flooring line. Here is a breakdown of the ones you might commonly hear, and what they mean.
- LVP - Luxury Vinyl Plank. This material looks most like hardwood flooring and is available in planks of various lengths and widths.
- LVT - Luxury Vinyl Tile. These come in tile sizes and can mimic the look of wood, stone, and porcelain tile. Also available in various formats, it can even be installed with authentic grout lines.
- LVF - Luxury Vinyl Flooring. This blanket term encompasses all vinyl flooring in this line. It can also be used to describe the waterproof versions of the material as well.
- WPC - Wood Plastic Composite. This flooring is waterproof vinyl, made with materials that aren’t wood, but that are sourced from it, such as wood flour.
- EVP - Engineered Vinyl Plank. This material features a rigid core manufactured of a specific type of fiberboard.
- HDF - High Density Fiberboard. One of the core components of EVP, creating a very dense and rigid stability.
- MDF - Medium Density Fiberboard. Another of the EVP core components, just a little less than HDF, when the strongest flooring is not necessarily needed.
Thicknesses vary in luxury vinyl flooring. The thickest range from 5 mm to 8 mm, offering extra durability and the most realistic wood look of its kind.